Thursday 19 July 2012

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Tidbits of a life. All tidbits. I don't know if I will get anything but tidbits if I don't get myself to Albany to look up more stuff. Sounds glum? Not really. This is a long puzzle. I would like to figure out why the ads in the far off places the barrels get shipped do not mention the maker of the beer. One would presume Taylor, being the biggest of the brewers mid-century, would have most of the export trade. We probably could guess at a recipe but it would be good to have a brewing log rather than this sort of guestimate. But most of all I would like to figure out a better way to express the data, a timeline with clickable links on it and multi-coloured bands showing connections in family and business. Pie charts. All with a map overlay showing the barrels moving south down the Hudson and then west via the Erie Canal. And the names of the ships that carried it.

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

Ale Brewing

No comments:

Post a Comment