Thursday 19 July 2012

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

My passion for brewing and the knowledge thereof drew me to enroll in the Concise Course in Brewing Technology at Siebel Institute of Technology. The tools and techniques I learned from Siebel are priceless and have given me the opportunity to turn my passion into a career.  I accepted a position as assistant brewer at Limestone Brewing Company where I get to be who I was meant to be on a daily basis. The theory I learned in class has now been married with the hands-on experience of brewing on professional equipment.Working for Limestone has given me the opportunity to pour beer at some of the greatest beer festivals throughout the country.  At these festivals I’ve been able to rub shoulders with some of the most respected brewers in the industry.  Through Limestone I have been able to become a member of the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild through which I have been able to network and create lasting professional relationships with the best in the Illinois brewing community.I have recently been afforded the opportunity to be one of the founding members of the Midwest Brewers Fest which was held in Plainfield, Illinois and boasted nearly 3,000 in attendance. Since then I have served as the draft coordinator for the extremely popular (FoBAB) Festival of Wood & Barrel-Aged Beer.

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

Craft Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment